New South Wales Smart and Skilled
NSW Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III.
Am I eligible to apply ?
- Are living or working in NSW
- Are an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand Citizen
- Are 15 years old or older
- Are no longer in secondary education (high school)
- Have been working for your employer for less than three (3) months
You could be eligible for this funding.
For more information about Smart and Skilled and whether you could get funding to advance your career in the business or contact centre industry go to smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Fees and charges
The NSW Government contributes to the cost of each course and the learner pays the balance. Fees are calculated for full qualifications, rather than year-by-year. Learners choice of training provider does not affect the fee learners pay for qualifications.
The Student Fee Calculator can be found on the ‘Find a Course‘ page of the Smart and Skilled website.
From the 1 Janaury 2020, the NSW Government is making new traineeships fee-free, meaning no more upfront training costs for students or employers. Find out more from vet.nsw.gov.au
TRAINEE HANDBOOK FOR NSW
NSW – Trainee handbook (PDF)